We are an accounting and auditing firm of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) from the Philippines, with office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, serving international and local organizations.
Established in 2004 in Cambodia.
Contents of this page:
(Click on a heading-title below for quick link to that specific content. You may also just scroll down.)
In the last ten years, we have observed that more and more local non-government-organizations (NGO) have emerged in the field of development work in Cambodia. We feel that this is a local positive response to the international development effort which has been endeavouring toward the localisation of the rebuilding of the Cambodian society as it emerges from the social and economic challenges in its recent past.
It is from this observation that our team saw the need to enhance the appreciation and understanding of correct financial system and procedures among personnel of local corporate structures that are in the field of financial management, accounting and auditing. In this we see the vital significance of training and capacity building and its impact in development work in Cambodia.
A more specific perspective of our concern is the financial accountability and financial-management transparency of local non-government-organizations (NGO) to their beneficiaries, donors, partners and stakeholders. We believe that a synergistic financial relationship among them is vital to development work in Cambodia that all concerned parties strive to achieve with positive and enduring results. BAC – Barachina Consulting Co., Ltd., for this reason, is committed to provide the proper expertise in assisting NGOs and financial organizations in Cambodia, both local and international, achieve this purpose.
Our aim is to provide quality accounting and auditing services at reasonable cost to international NGOs with local operations and to local NGOs with local and international supporting partners. Business corporations and other non-commercial institutions can also avail our services.
Our goal is to be the competent and reliable consulting-partner in the task of building the capacities of Cambodian nationals and Indo-China country nationals in the financial accountability aspects of their operations through review, assessment and training.
Our company employs expatriates, who are already based in the country, and trained staff of Cambodians who have good understanding of local NGO operations and business practices.
We offer the following:
- Financial Review/Assessment
- Financial Audit
- Setting up of accounting systems using accounting software such as Quick Books, Peach Tree, MYOB, etc
- Training of accounting staff and other personnel on the use of accounting software mentioned above
- Financial Training (coaching, mentoring, workshop, etc)
- Consulting and Other Accounting and Bookkeeping services
- 5 and half years of experience in public accounting and corporate accounting in the Philippines (3 years with Price Waterhouse, Phils.)
- 8 years of experience in public accounting and corporate accounting in the United States
- 8 years of NGO Finance/Accounting experience in Cambodia
- Over 8 years of experience in public accounting in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam
Holders of Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Accounting
(Conferred by universities in Manila, Philippines)
Certified Public Accountants
Managing Director / Partner
Manila, Philippines – CPA License No. 033855 (1978);
CPA – California, USA – License No.: 103028
International Consultant and Manager / Partner
Manila, Philippines - CPA License No. 26231 (1975)
LESLIE S. CALLEJO
Assistant Audit Manager
Manila, Philippines - CPA License No. 0156364 (2013)
Registered with the Ministry of Commerce and the Tax Department of the government of Cambodia
Recognised by the Ministry of Economics and Finance.
Member: KAMPUCHEA INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS AND AUDITORS (Membership Number: 00033)
Current and Past Clients
Partial List, as follows
· Oxfam GB (in Cambodia)
· International Cooperation Cambodia
· Hope International School
· New Hope for Cambodian Children
· Habitat for Humanity – Philippines
· World Concern – Thailand
· Tear Fund managed projects – Cambodia, Philippines and Vietnam
· A2Z/ Academy for Educational Development – USAID funded project – Contractor/Consultancy Services